Preface: Hey everyone. I have started several different stories at some point or another. Well I decided to write this one on the internet so that I could share it and try to improve upon it. Let me know what you think so that I can improve it. This story is told from several different perspectives. So bear with me. We have the narrator who will set the scene, Mike a Flight Nurse, Chris a Paramedic, and at least one other character.
"Jeff will you please slow down, your scaring me." says Maria.
"Relax. I know what I am doing." replies Jeff. With that he speeds up. As he comes over the hill he sees the traffic light in front of him cycling from Yellow to Red. The couple in the back seat are not paying any attention to what is going on outside of their little world in the back seat. Jeff guns the car and thinks to himself that he can make it through.
"Jeff the light is red... Jeff Stop the car.... Jeffffffffffffff...." Maria Screams.
--
"Careflight One." I answer the phone.
"Hey Mike, it's Julie at dispatch. Pilote County Dispatch has called activating you guys for a two vehicle crash. Initial reports from the scene are stating that it is a SUV versus Semi. Unknown how many patients at this time. They are requesting that you guys be ready to possibly take two criticals to SVRTC."
I quickly tell her that we will head out that way. I grab my flight gear and grab the rest of our team and we head out for our helicopter.
I climb into the co-pilot's seat as Jeremy our pilot climbs into his seat. Lily and Becca climb into the back of the aircraft and start powering up our equipment. Jeremy quickly and safely brings our Super Dauphin Helicopter to life. He talks to air traffic control as I radio our company to let them know that we are departing the airport for our scene.
"Careflight 0ne to Dispatch" I radio.
"Dispatch go ahead."
"Hey Julie can you patch me through to Pilote County so we can get an update?"
"no Problem... Your patched, they said to contact Medic 7 on Medcom4"
"Thanks Julie" I reply as I push button 4 on our medcom radio.
"Careflight one to Pilote County Medic 7."
"Careflight one go ahead." answers a familiar voice.
"Hey Chris, watcha got?"
--
"Mike, I have two patients for you guys. First patient is going to be a 19 year old female restrained front seat passenger. She has positive femur fractures and a at least a broken wrist. We are currently extracting her from the car. She is alert and oriented times 3. Vital signs are stable for them moment. I was able to start one IV in the right AC on her with a 16 running wide open, before the fire guys kicked me out of the car." I report.
"10-4" Mike replies over the radio.
"Patient number 2 is going to be a 16 year old female. She was unrestrained in the back seat of the car. She is combative and we have been unable to get a good set of vitals on her. Laura has called online med control for a sedation protocol because she suspecta that the patient has a head injury from what we are seeing. We currently have her backboarded and we are setting up to RSI."
"10-4, you know that combative patients and helicopters don't mix right?" Mike replies back.
"Yeah well, I knew it was you and your crew so figured you guys could handle her." I retort back.
"ha ha. See ya in 6 minutes." Mike laughs.
I walk back to the car to see how the extrication is going and see that they almost have my patient out of the car. I hear careflight beginning their approach and start to help the rescue guys slide my patient out of the car.
--
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment